Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Morning

The earth inhales God
Why should we not do the same?
                                Thomas Aquinas
__________________________________

Monday morning
and the world stirs

all humanity breathing deeply
the air of a new week
struggling to fan into flame
the deep fire
which flickers rather than burns

gasping for that breath
that empowers
giving strength for the journey

what vapors do we breathe?
do we inhale the toxic air
of fear, or anger

Are we slowly choking on hopelessness?

Or are we breathing deeply
Into the depth of our soul
God
feeding the hungry fire
of compassion, hope, love

feeding the sacred flame within?

Monday morning
and the world stirs
some eagerly entering the day
others regretfully

breathe on me breath of God
___________________________________-

    Breathe on me, Breath of God,
    Fill me with life anew,
    That I may love what Thou dost love,
    And do what Thou wouldst do.
    Breathe on me, Breath of God,
    Until my heart is pure,
    Until with Thee I will one will,
    To do and to endure.
    Breathe on me, Breath of God,
    Till I am wholly Thine,
    Until this earthly part of me
    Glows with Thy fire divine.
    Breathe on me, Breath of God,
    So shall I never die,
    But live with Thee the perfect life
    Of Thine eternity.
                                                Edwin Hatch  1878

No comments:

Post a Comment