Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, November 16, 2012

A Prayer for Friday

I'm tired Lord
A long week
A funeral tomorrow

Everything just keeps piling up

If I measure myself
by my own standard of what I should be
I slide into despair
 
I am not enough
I can never be enough
to measure up to the standard 
I have set for myself
 
And yet you Lord
have introduced this thing called grace
 
and your response to me is "of course"
of course you don't measure up
and the harder you try
the worse it will be
 
You say to me
"don't you get it?  Just stop
 breathe
 go inside
 seek to find that divine spark
 that spirit
 let it move
 let it blow
 let it burn like a fire
 let it become real
 bigger
 stronger
 and that small piece of the divine, that Christ in you, that Spirit
 will connect with the Greater Whole
 with me, your God
 
 and as the Spirit rolls
 as the love moves
 as you discover union
 communion with me.......
 
 you will find yourself!"
 
Thank you Lord
I was tired
and frankly
I didn't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment