Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, November 4, 2012

The search is on

In many parts of the world
water is scarce and precious
People sometimes have to walk a great distance, then carry heavy jugs upon their heads.
Because of our wisdom, we will travel far for love.  
All movement is a sign of thirst
Most speaking really says, "I am hungry to know you"
                                                             Hafiz


Today I starting thinking
about where
my time
my energy
my focus goes
 
what things draw me
pull me
what makes me
"travel far"
 
what things stir me up?
create movement
in my mind
my heart
my soul?
 
what am I hungry for?
for what am I thirsty?
 
I know what I think
I know what I say
But what does my life say?
 
On what path will I find myself on tomorrow?
 
toward what
toward whom
will I be traveling?
 
will I travel at all
or simply sit in the dust?
 
Its worth thinking about!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment