Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, November 26, 2012

If Only

 
 "You don't have to act crazy anymore; we all know you are good at that
Now retire my dear, from all that hard work you do
of bringing pain to your sweet eyes and heart."
                                                       Hafiz


Life can be crazy making
Sometimes it piles up
like winter snow
driven by he winds 
of fear
or anger
or even loss

all of the pain and anguish
presses against me
cold an unforgiving

stealing strength
freezing
leaving me shaken
and empty

but I create this winter
of my soul's discontent
I do it to myself
I bring the pain to my heart and eyes
I am good at it

simply by forgetting
the divine presence
that seed of the sacred
that Spirit (with a capital S)
that lies within

and if only remembered
infuses me with sacred life
and joins me to the Divine
 
if only
its not as easy as it sounds :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment