Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, November 24, 2012

Drink of Love, Part Duex

I know how you can get, when you have not had a drink of love.....
                                                                                  Hafiz


Ah
so many wants
more security
more power
more stuff

Black Friday assaults me
with its rank consumerism
telling my soul
I need this toy
that device
that my life is empty without
without

so many needs
for peace and quiet
for hope
for fulfillment

most of all a need to
be
just be a person
who has something inside
something at the core

I don't want to be a cipher
an empty shell
all external
no internal

and so ultimately
there is only one thing I really want
and really need

that drink of love
but it can't be just any love
it must be God's love

that seed of love
that seed of sacred
that God has planted inside me
must come alive

and being alive
warming my heart at my very depths
it must connect with that whole
that is God
Himself/Herself

thus creating a circle of love
a flow of love
into me
through me
out of me

I know how I can get, when I have not had a drink of love.....
I know how it is, when I have....                   

No comments:

Post a Comment