Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 18, 2016

Divine DNA

We must bear patiently not being good . . . and not being thought good.
                                                                                      --St. Francis of Assisi

You must first remember who you are! You must start with the positive and not with a problem, or you never get beyond a kind of negative problem solving. Your core, your deepest DNA, is divine; it is the Spirit of Love implanted within you by your Creator at the first moment of your creation (Romans 5:5, 8:11, 14-16 and throughout). We must know that we begin with "original blessing" as Matthew Fox and others have put it.
                                                                                      Richard Rohr, Blog, February 15, 2016
___________________________________________________________________________

who am I ?

for a life time I have been creating an identify for myself
woven out of the heritage of my grandfather (Peter Albert Kliewer, a Mennonite Minister)
and my faith (Paul G Kliewer, doctor, and really good man)

for a life time I have strived to be good enough
and have all too frequently
found myself wanting

indulging in self reproach
for any failure,
unable to tolerate not “being good” (or at least good enough),
crushed when others did not see me as good

how deluded I was,
to think that God held me to a higher standard

low self esteem (in a paradoxical way)
may be a most profound form of arrogance
(believing that God is more judgmental of me,
 less accepting)

I must always remember who I am
a son and grandson yes
bearer of a great heritage
yes

but also a sacred child
a carrier of the divine

imbued with love
originally blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment