Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 25, 2016

Moral PTSD

“When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.”
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild
_________________________________________________________________

sometimes
I need a little Sacred light

sometimes
I need Divine power to shine with in my soul
scrubbing away the darkness

I have made my mistakes
some small
some great

and there are times
in the middle of any normal day
when suddenly I flash back to something said
something done
a decision made
to the face of a person wounded

I think I have moral PTSD

if I have done this to myself
behaving in ways that haunt me
what have I done to others?

there is no way to take back
those words
those behaviors

no way

and so
there are moments when I sit defeated
and bowed

and yet if I am going to free heart, soul, hands
for forgiveness and service

I must wander my way through the flotsam of my life
seeking to find that peace
which can only come from within

I cannot go around the pain
I cannot deny it

For in doing so I deny the reality of my own humanity
my own culpability

but neither can I focus on my errors
for to fail to walk through darkness
and seek the light
is a denial of grace

so I seek as best I can
to fill the cup from the inside
to sip cautiously
or greedily

from that spring of life
that is love
that is forgiveness
that is
Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment