Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Soul Breaks Loose

“And I, infinitesima­l being,
drunk with the great starry
void,
likeness, image of
mystery,
I felt myself a pure part
of the abyss,
I wheeled with the stars,
my heart broke loose on the wind.”
              ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
____________________________________

sometimes
thank the Beloved

there are no words

I am struck dumb
by the grandeur of it all

by the mountains
the sky
by the sun, the moon, the stars

my babbling tongue is silenced
by that which is
too big

and in the silence
my soul breaks loose

it soars
into that amazing sky
and whirls with the eagles
riding the wind
on the edge
of
eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment