Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 19, 2013

A Prayer for Monday

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
Another week begins Lord
as I wander through the days
I will come across many things
I will be offered
many things
 
love
joy
hate
 anger
 
I will attempt many things
I will succeed at some
and fail at others
 
I will have many opportunities
to stuff
things into my emotional backback
many opportunities
to carry "stuff" along with me
 
Lord
help me to be wise
help me to make good choices
about what I pick up
and carry
and what things I leave lying by the side of the road
 
may I choose not to carry things things that will burden and hinder
may I choose not to fill my heart
with things that darken
and promote anger
and
hate and fear
 
Lord, may I
learn to travel light
 
 
  ___________________________________

My yoke is easy, my burden light 
Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment