Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, August 18, 2013

love and be happy

When all your desires are distilled
You will cast just two votes:
To love more, And be happy.
Rumi
___________________________________________
I woke up early this morning
I didn't have to
I am taking a breahter
not preaching
for
month
yet here I am
6 am
awake
thinking
mind churning
already engaged in the week
on the other side of this day
what ever happened to today
why not shut off the mind
why not quit looking back
and quit looking forward
and just
be
 Maybe I should......
pet the cat
sit on the patio and read
enjoy the horses as they race around the pasture
feeling their oats
(OK, alfalfa treats)

pull a few weeds
enjoy the flowers
watch a cloud float by
watch the birds eat at my feeders
(they are really lovely little things) 

do
nothing
but crawl my way back to center
where
the sacred lives
and I
do 
too

Maybe I should just love
and be happy

_______________________________________________
“If busyness can become a kind of violence, we do not have to stretch our perception very far to see that Sabbath time – effortless, nourishing rest – can invite a healing of this violence. When we consecrate a time to listen to the still, small voices, we remember the root of inner wisdom that makes work fruitful. We remember from where we are most deeply nourished, and see more clearly the shape and texture of the people and things before us.”         Wayne Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment