Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cats and Dogs!

I have decided Lord
that when it comes to spirituality
I am more of a 
cat
than a dog

Dogs seem consistent in their affection Lord
but more
consistent in their attention

Indy
my one eye'd pirate God
big goofy Golden
was always there
sometimes annoyingly so
right
there
under my feet
always hanging around 
looking at me 
waiting for whatever ever was next 
from "the big guy"

my cats?
 
not so much
oh when they don't feel well
or are hungry
and feel the need for a little attention
they can be amazingly annoying
meowing
bumping
in my face
 
but then
stomachs full
heads scratched
whatever need
big or small satisfied.....
off they go
until the next need
 
I am afraid Lord
I may be a little
a lot
like that.

I love having you around, 
when I need you
but often 
when life is rolling along just fine,
thank you very much,
my focus drifts
and I become a functional athiest

until the next time

Lord
help me to remember you
in each moment
help me not to seek you just in those moments
when the storm rages
and the spiritual stomach growls
in the moments of darkness and chaos

but also in the moments 
of fullness and joy
and love

_____________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Philippians Chapter 4
    11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
    12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
    This has been my goal for years which I never seem to remember to attain.

    ReplyDelete