Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 8, 2013

We Provide the Hunger

Wonderful comment from Rohr this morning in his daily meditations.

"The Eucharist is telling us that God is the food and all we have to do is provide the hunger."  Somehow we have to make sure that each day we are hungry, that there is room inside of us for another presence."

SO

This raises the question.. with what do we fill ourselves so there is no room for another?  Fear? Righteousness? Our need to be in control?

Give us something to think about this day.

___________________________________________

Oh Lord
sometimes I make things so very complicated.
This day
Yes, this very day

Help me to keep it very simple

Help me to abide... to rest in You
To be in the flow of the Spirit
gripped as surely by the movement
of your breath
as a person gripped by the flow
of a mighty river

and then let me just
be

let me quit striving so hard
and
let me allow your love
your compassion
your hope
to be what I am

let me be You
to this hungry world

No comments:

Post a Comment