Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 24, 2013

Full of Holes

We are human beings
our being infinite as the wind
our human house full of holes
Mark Nepo, Book of Awakening

_________________________________________


O Sacred One
it is no surprise to me that I am human
no surprise
 
the fact that my being
is full of holes?
 
that is kind of a no brainer!
 
and frankly God
it is not all that difficult
to see the humanness of those around me
 
what is more problematic
is the task of remembering
that sacred spark
that you have placed in me
and in each person I meet
 
what is more difficult is finding
(I love this, thank you Mark Nepo)
my enthusiasm 
my oneness withe the energy of the Sacred
en ( one with)
theos (the divine)*
 
no matter how hard I work to hide it
blur it
diminish it
the spark is there
 
I need to remember God
that I am both 
that we are all both
human and divine
good and bad
strong and weak
 
for all the holes
the well of
the spirit
never runs dry

this day
may I be enthusiastic!


* Mark Nepo's devotion for August 24th in the Book of Awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment