Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 10, 2013

This is the Day!

Sometimes Lord
its easy NOT to be in the moment
it is easy to look back
at a day
a week
a month
a life

and get tangled up in blue
wrapped up in
the what if's
the 
should's
and ought's

to second 
and third 
and fourth guess one's self
one's decisions
 
this was a wild week Lord
much to do
many choices
and frankly Lord
there were too many demands
I couldn't do it all
not even close
 
and I now I sit
and worry
did I make the right choices
was it OK that I did
this
instead of that
 
I sit and remember 
responding
in a less than graceful way
to someone I value
 
I think of regrets that
need to be expressed
of the people
I need to return to
and to whom I need to say
"I am sorry"
 
sigh
 
Lord it is a beautiful day
It is a new day
this is the day
that you have made
 
help me to rejoice
and be glad in it
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment