Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 12, 2013

Living Out Loud

We are here to live out loud
Emile Zola
via Mark Nepo

________________________________________________

Dear Lord
it is Monday morning
                        
somehow
in my head
I am saying that it is time to
"turn it on"
 
The week stretches in front of me
full of meetings
 tasks
and people

and I am thinking
of how I will be in all those moments
of what I will say
or not say
of what I will do or not do

I fear I often look at life
as an act to be played to an audience
seeking to give voice, only to be heard (Nepo)
living a life of love and compassion
only where there are people to receive
 
and be suitably impressed
 
But Lord 
life is not about 
life is not about acceptance
and approval
 
is it about being
who you created me to be
 
Lord remind me
that you created me to express who I am
that you restored me
to express who I am in You
 
every moment
 
that you want me to live joyfully
compassionately
lovingly
just because that is what you created and nourished me to do
 
Lord help me live out loud
 

No comments:

Post a Comment