Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 22, 2013

More on Prayer

Unfortunately, in the West, prayer had become something functional;
something you did to achieve a desired effect—which too often puts the
ego back in charge. As soon as you make prayer a way to get what you
want, you’re not moving into any kind of new state of consciousness.
It’s the same old consciousness, but now well disguised: “How can I
get God to do what I want God to do?” It’s the egocentric self
deciding what it needs, but now, instead of just manipulating everybody
else, it tries to manipulate God.               Richard Rohr
_________________________________________________________________

Good morning Lord
It’s a big day
The site visit ends, I have clients,
I need to work on a project

Oh, yes, and I have a few people I am concerned about….
And there are things I want you to “touch” in my life….

So……
Here’s the deal……

Wait!
What am I doing?

OK, God
Let’s just sit here for a while
And hold hands


then let's talk
you 
first

No comments:

Post a Comment