Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To Know God

To know God
Without being God-like
Is like trying to swim
Without entering the water
Orest Bedrij



Over and over again
In my reading
In my living

It becomes clear
The search for a God who is “out there” is futile
That God I will never find
and I will never, ever find
the promised land
of
transformation

the people of Israel
wandered
wandered
wandered
and did after years in the wasteland
find
the Promised Land

But they did not “find” God
or even that mysterious land
of milk and honey

God was there all along
“tenting”
camping with them
in their midst
and He slowly carefully
in spite of all they tried to do to sabotage the process
brought them home

Lord this day
I thank you for camping with me
for being in me

Lord deliver me from myself
As you bring me home to the Promised Land
Meaning and joy
hope
and love

as you help me find myself

No comments:

Post a Comment